Sunday, November 2, 2008

You asked for it you got it

Well since Brownie was so looking forward to this post I might as well send it out right. In a message from Brownie he claimed that UCONN was going to roll over WVU, it looked as if that might just happen leading 13-7 in going into half time but Brownie my friend if you had been paying attention to what is being said about the mountaineers you would have known that going into this game WV led opponents 42-7 in the 3rd quarter, the only team to score was ECU. With 1 touchdown drive early in the 3rd WV took the lead and then the D stepped in forcing 3 turnovers 2 of them resulted in touchdowns, then a 4th quarter run by Pat White secured the game at 35-13 with WV scoring 28 unanswered points. In other news PITT barley beat the over rated team on the fighting Irish and it only took 4 overtimes. WV now has a 2 game conference lead over the rest of the big east however there are some tuff games ahead, Cincinnati, @ Louisville, @ PITT, and USF. and with the majority of all the top 15-25 teams losing WV should firmly be back in the top 25 and if they can maintain the course a BCS bowl game bid.

4 comments:

brownie said...

Pitt controls their destiny and if we win out we win the big east. I'm so confident that's what's going to happen, if they lose I will cut off my leg and beat myself to death with it. How's that for committment!

GrannyLingus said...

Well that is definiley some committment I will give you that. But when you do that who are we supposed to cheer for in the Leadville and Hard Rock marathons.

brownie said...

If fact, I'm so confident about Pitt that I've already booked airfare and hotel the weekend of January 8th for the BCS championship game.

brownie said...

Damn, I didn't even know Cincinnati had a college football team...